Senior Software Engineer - Robotics
Tackle some of the toughest problems in a rapidly growing industry. Implement cutting-edge robotic algorithms to solve important problems. See your contributions used worldwide in the open source robotics community. We leverage open source to deliver custom software solutions to our clients that take advantage of the latest algorithms, research, and techniques.
As a Senior Software Engineer at PickNik Consulting you’ll be developing large software applications, optimizing advanced algorithms, and integrating solutions for our clients, internal products, and flagship open source frameworks. Duties will include architecting and developing software in several languages and platforms that will be used on robots around the world (and in outer space!). You’ll need to readily make decisions relating to framework design and implementation, while mentoring team members to produce higher quality code.
Am I a good fit?
- You love robotics and have a passion for creating the next generation of robot software
- Are excited to be part of a team of robotic experts with a steady flow of client projects
- Should work efficiently, be ready to learn, and have great attention to detail
- Desire to contribute to open source projects solving big problems
- Ability to collaborate with teams around the world
- Need to be living in or willing to relocate to Boulder or greater Denver area (or spend significant time there) to foster a great team learning environment.
- Degree(s) in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering, or a related field and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Minimum 6 years of professional work experience
- Extensive knowledge of C++11 or newer
- Skilled with at least one scripting language such as Python or Matlab.
- Extensive knowledge of software development in Linux.
- Experience with full life-cycle library and application development, Git version control, software testing, and continuous integration.
- Experience with communication middleware
Some preferred skills/experience
- Common open source libraries and tools such as Eigen, OGRE, Qt, CMake, Bazel, and Protobufs.
- ROS, MoveIt, Gazebo, OpenRave, or other robotic libraries are advantageous
- General understanding of graph theory, algorithm design, simulation, motion planning, inverse kinematics, and/or control systems.
- Demonstrated industry ability to deliver complex projects
- Live in beautiful Boulder, CO with easy access to renowned skiing, biking, climbing, and ranked #2 by US News and Report Best Places to Live
- Enjoy a relaxed work environment with a generous vacation policy
- Work a flexible schedule including working remotely when you need to
- Health insurance and 401k savings plan